
Right. Tonight as I was walking down 2nd street in front of my favorite building in Minnesota (the back of the Local bar is covered in Music notes on the back and I think it's awesome and it reminds me of my mom since she loves music), a homeless man asked why i looked so down and sad. I told him I wasn't sad and it was at that moment our relatioinship began. From that moment on, I was Jim Carrey to him and he thought I was pretty funny. We talked a little bit standing there in the 15 degree weather (probably 5 with wind chill) and he finally began to aks for some money so that he could get some fried chicken. I told him, no money, but I'll take you to chipotle. After come coercing, i was able to persuade him that Carnitas Tacos would be great. he finally gave in.
We walked over there. Ordered our food and sat down. He was a very messy eater I guess and i felt bad for how fast he was eating. He told me it was his first meal today and that it had been a pretty bad day. I later learned he was a Hurricane Wilma victim and has a wife and two kids. He hasn't seen his kids in a while or his wife and things didn't seem to be going great with them. He spoke very much of how he misses them. Then he continued to talk of how sad he is and how he feels like he is stuck. I tried giving him encouragment and telling him to keep trying and working hard and that things will work out (I'm not sure how true that really is)... but i figure positive enforcement is the best.
So all in all... no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always someone that has things worse. It's sad to say, but it's true. I hope things work out for the best for him.
This is me breathing.
No comments:
Post a Comment