Hello Brian,
I received your contact info from a former peer of yours who recommended you when I mentioned I am looking for a highly capable Business Analyst. Do you have a moment to talk about an opportunity?
Please give me a call when it is convenient for you.
Thank you,
Account Executive
Parkwood Intl.
3550 Parkwood Blvd. Suite 500
Frisco
First thoughts... has to be a scam. I get crap like this all the time and it never amounts to anything. I read through it again and realize it's probably real, but not a job I would prefer. I check out the website... and it seems like they are some kind of consulting/contracting company. In some ways I wonder how this person found me (couldn't have been my blog because that does not show off my "Highly Capable Business Analyst" skills). They say a peer referred me, is it wrong if i ask who. Because to me that would greatly impact the level of seriousness i take this email.
It is flattering yes... but i already know i'm not interested. I love my job now and i love where i work, i don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon. So do i call just to be nice and tell this person thanks... but no thanks. And i digress.
This morning i had this conversation with my mom:
mom: TGIF (note: next to that she put an Angel icon that flew around like pheasant during hunting season)
bellison03: i know that's right
mom: Big weekend plans?
bellison03: OH you know, the usual. Having a good time and enjoying the weekend.
mom: Just wanted to tell you that i love you and have a good weekend.
bellison03: Thanks mom. Love you too
My mom and i have a similar conversation to the one above almost every day (except they don't always start with TGIF). I like having this. I feel lost without it. It all kind of started when they moved to England several years back and she felt very detached from myself and my sisters. So i introduced her to AIM. She caught on quick and was on all the time. We've had the above conversation probably almost everyday and still do... every once in a while a few other things are brought up and discussed, but something about this makes me feel happy. Moms are the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment