Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm back


Yes... that's right, I survived the trecherous Whistler mountain in a very fun and eventful ski trip with 8 other guys. That's right... making for a total of 9.

Skiing in Whistler has to have been the best I've ever been able to experience, probably because i was actually challenged a lot since the guys i skiied with were a lot better than me. Only one near death experience when i almost hit a tree, but somehow, i missed it after losing control when skiing through the trees (not my most favorite thing, thats for sure).

As far as future trips go... I'm not really sure. I imagin sometime in the next month i'll make a climbing expedition trip to Oklahoma of all places and maybe a few trips to Austin... other than that who knows.

FYI... did you know that there are some periods during the month that the Moon is not visible. This stage is called New Moon and is the first stage of the lunar cycle. In this phase the Moon's unilluminated side is facing the Earth, causing the moon to not be visible (except during a solar eclipse.

A full lunar cycle lasts on average 29.5 days. Everyonce in a while a full moon will occure twice in one month, this is called a Blue Moon and takes place every 2.7 years on average. The next Blue moon will be taking place in June, so be prepared when it comes.

The above information about the moon is my Valentine's Day present to all :). Enjoy and have a good Valentine's Day.

No comments: