Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Runnin The Rock

Running the White Rock Relay for the 3rd year in a row was a blast. It was the 4th year for the team, i missed year 1 due to hangover. We did the usual team meeting at 2 am at the Gingerman. I believe I might have been incredibly intoxicated. I remember drinking beer out of the plastic butt that was part of our costume and water falling beer. The night ended quickly and I somehow ended up passed out on someones couch.

Waking up on Sunday morning at 645 am was no easy task. We went and picked up the rest of the runners and made it to the starting line... beers in hand.
Race was off, and we drove to mile two and waited for the next runner. There we met a dog, that really liked us.
We also made friends with the cop who let us drive the wrong way down a few streets to make our exit easier.
Did the next few check points and then it was my turn to run. I wasn't feeling it. I'll tell you that much. About a mile in, knee was hurting and i resorted to a gimpy run most of the rest of the way. Started off my leg chugging a beer and along the way I ate a cookie, donut, mocha goop energy packet, cup of water, three shots of beer, half a beer in the middle, and a beer at the end. I was dead and ready for it to be over. Picture below is me on my run with a teammate kicking me in the butt:
We wrapped up with a picture in front of the marathon sponsor... michelob ultra. Good times:
Next years costumes will be better, wait for it.

Next drinking event for me, New Years Eve. Until then, i'm done.

No comments: