Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jucy Whocy?

Last night I was able to experience Minneapolis more than I ever have in the past 16 months that I have been here. A good friend of my roommate lives here and I went out with her and her boyfriend and got to see some interesting places around the Minneapolis area.

We started at a placed called Matt's Bar which is kind of a dive type of bar that only accepts cash. They are infamous in Minneapolis for their Jucy Lucy burgers which consist of two meat patties cooked with cheese in between them. So basically when you bite into the burger, ridiculously hot cheese goes everywhere. They are very tasty and are a great idea, but I believe they would taste better with some good ole Texas Beef, but that's just my opinion.

After eating delicious fatty burgers, we drove to a place called Pyscho Suzies which is well known for their crazy hawaiianish drinks. We ordered a Volcanic Eruption which is 50 oz of rum mixed with other crap and in the middle of the bowl is a small amount of 151 that is lit on fire and remains on fire for about 5 minutes. Pretty cool idea if you ask me. After a few cherry tying contests in the mouth and finishing that... it was time for me to go to bed.

My time here in Minneapolis is winding down... I'm glad I got to see something more than Nicolett Mall and the rest of downtown. I'll probably miss this place in a lot of ways, but being back in Texas for a while will also be really nice. I'll know my departure date probably sometime this afternoon... wait for it.

2 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Hmmm, what's so special about Texas beef? How do you know that the burgers you buy in Texas are made from Texas beef? Did you know that in a single burger there are pieces of at least hundreds, if not thousands, of individual cows? Yuck....

braceyourself said...

Texas beef is better because we know how to make the burgers better. Everything in texas is bigger... and better... and that includes the burgers.